1. a devout petition to god or an object of worship.
2. a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.
3. the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
4. a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying: the Lord’s Prayer.
5. prayers, a religious observance, either public or private,consisting wholly or mainly of prayer.
6. that which is prayed for.
Last Sunday began Holy Week, the events leading up to the crucifixion, burial and rising of Christ. Each church and each person remembers this time with different traditions. One of the traditions my church holds is a prayer vigil on Good Friday. Since 7:00 AM this morning one or two persons has been praying in half-hour shifts and the vigil ends at 7:00 PM tonight. Prayers can be personal, for others or a meditation, and often there is material for the people praying to look at if they need some prayer ideas.
I will be praying from 5:30 until 6:00 this evening. And I would like to pray on YOUR behalf. Do you need prayer? Perhaps it’s a family member who needs prayer, or a coworker and their family. Maybe it’s a neighbor. Whatever the prayer request, I’d like to offer my services as a pray-er for you. Prayer requests don’t have to be “big.” Whatever weighs heavy on you is worthy of lifting up in prayer that you may feel relief. Sometimes it’s so hard for us to pray for ourselves. Sometimes just thinking about what we want to pray for brings us to tears. Sometimes we just can’t seem to form the right words. And sometimes it helps to know that someone else is praying for and with you.
So let me help.
Leave a comment on this post (you can do so anonymously if you choose) and I’ll be sure to pray on your behalf. Even if you’re not religious or you have different beliefs than I, prayer doesn’t hurt. It can only help.
I’ll be praying for you.
Feel free to share this post with anyone you wish. I will pray for anyone that requests it, whether I know them or not.